Sunday, February 26, 2012

Scrap Book Paper Decor

Hello everyone!

My next project is the easiest and most inexpensive so far! I have been looking for artwork to fill the space on the walls next to my dining room table. But all the pieces I found (and loved) were at least $50 or more. So I decided to create something on my own, and set the budget for $40 total!

All you need:

1) 12" x 12" scrap book paper sheets: (ONLY 97 cents at Michaels)


2) Whatever size frames you need to fill your desired space. I wanted to put a small one in my bathroom so I got one matted 5" x 7" frame for that. For the spaces in my dining room, I got two
18" x 18" frames, matted to 12" x 12" (the exact size of the scrap book paper sheets). The 18" x 18" frames were at Michaels for $16 each.


Simply frame your scrap book pieces and you're done! 

This idea gives you a unique decor piece at an extremely affordable price. I had a get together at my house the other night and one of my friends asked me, "how much did you pay for those?" Thinking I was going to say I paid something absurd, I happily responded to him, "I made both of them on a $40 budget!" 

One wall in the dining room



For the bathroom








No comments:

Post a Comment